1942, a mission known as Shiloh
COGIC was birthed on the 1400 block of North Fourth
Street in Harrisburg, PA. The founder of this church was affectionately
known as Brother Mack Rucker.
the years of 1946 and 1951 the church experienced several moves
until it finally settled on the 400 block of Herr Street. During
that transition period the work was joined by Elder
W.M. Garrett who labored alongside Elder Rucker
as the congregation continued to grow.
birthed in both men a desire to build the Lord a House of worship.
In 1961, ground was broken at 15th and Forster for the building
of a new edifice. However, these dedicated servants would not see
their God given vision realized, and by 1964 Pastor Garrett and
Deacon Board Chairman Luther Jenkins
went home to be with the Lord.
Saints carried on the work of the Lord under the interim stewardship
of Sis. Minnie Jenkins until November 1964, when God sent Elder
Carl E. Hines, Jr. of Reading, Pennsylvania to lead,
feed, and guide his people. At his coming, the construction of the
building was at a standstill. He mobilized and energized the people
to complete the task that was set before them, and on June 21, 1970
the initial service was held.
the dynamic leadership of Pastor Hines the congregation would grow
at a rapid rate. By the early 1990’s there was a need to expand
and accommodate those that the Lord was continuing to send to the
church. After several unsuccessful attempts of receiving clearance
by the city to expand the church facility, the ministry purchased
6.5 acres in Swatara Township. On July 23, 1998 a groundbreaking
service was held on the site 5950 Derry Street. Sixteen months later
in November of 1999 the first service was held with a capacity crowd
the next 6 years Pastor Carl E. Hines Jr. would preach, teach, mentor,
and inspire the people of God to be all that the Lord wants us to
be. On Sunday, January 15, 2006, after 41 years of faithful labor,
God saw fit to call him home.
Sunday November 26, 2006, Bishop Benjamin J. Ravenel, Sr., Jurisdictional
Prelate of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania made the appointment
of Elder Kevin L. Scott
as the Pastor of Shiloh. Prior to this appointment, Pastor Scott
served faithfully under the leadership of the late Elder Carl E.
Hines, Jr. for more than 31 years as his Assistant Pastor.